FAQ Personal Injury

  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Personal Injury
  4.  » FAQ Personal Injury

After an accident, it is normal to have a lot of questions. Our staff has decades of experience handling personal injury cases and can answer any questions you may have. The lawyers at Wilkins, Bankester, Biles & Wynne, P.A., based out of Baldwin County, are here to help. We have represented people throughout Alabama during their most difficult cases. Contact our Bay Minette office today for a free consultation at 251-279-0982, or fill out our contact form.

Q: What should I do after an accident?

A: The most important thing to do is to remain calm. If need be, contact law enforcement. It is helpful to then make note of anything you might forget. For example, write down how you felt, any injuries you may have acquired, or who was with you. Taking photographs of the accident scene is also helpful. All this information will help our attorneys build your case.

Q: What happens if I win my case?

A: You could be entitled to damages. This may include past and future medical bills; past and future lost wages; past and future pain and suffering; and any other out-of-pocket expenses. Rest assured that we will do our best to fight on your behalf.

Q: How long will my case take?

A: Every case is different, and there is no set answer. Our team will work with you to resolve the case as quickly as possible. You can expect honesty every step of the way. If your case may take longer than expected, we will tell you.

Q: What is considered a “personal injury” case?

A: The most common type of case is a car accident. It also may include slip and falls, boat accidents, defective products, dog bites or on-the-job accidents. If you are unsure, talk with our team. We can determine whether or not you have a case.

Q: What if the accident was partly my fault?

A: There are many things a judge will consider when determining who is at fault. The weather and the speed limit are just a few. If you believe you are partially responsible for your accident, you may still be entitled to damages.

Q: How long do I have to file my claim?

A: In the state of Alabama, you have two years from the date of your injury for most cases. It is important to act quickly, especially if you have unpaid medical bills.

Q: What’s the difference between negligence and recklessness?

A: When someone is acting reckless, they are knowingly endangering someone else’s health or safety. Negligence typically refers to someone who does not provide a safe environment for others.

Q: I was offered a settlement. Should I take it?

A: Sometimes a victim may be offered a settlement to avoid legal action. While it may seem convenient, it’s possible that you are not getting the best possible result. You should consult with a lawyer to determine whether or not you are being treated fairly. This is especially important to remember if you have medical expenses or lost wages.

Q: When should I hire an attorney?

A: If you are dealing with a personal injury accident, you should contact a lawyer as soon as possible. Our team of attorneys will give you a fair assessment of your case. We are on your side and understand the inconvenience you are experiencing.

Learn More By Talking To A Lawyer

You can schedule your free consultation now by calling us at 251-279-0982 or by using the contact form. We return all messages promptly.