Marcus McDowell is a native of Mobile Alabama and currently resides in Fairhope Alabama. He was admitted to the Alabama State Bar in 1997 after graduating from Auburn University's School of Business in 1993 and from the University of Alabama School of Law, J.D., 1997. Mr McDowell is a 2003 graduate of the International Association of Defense Lawyers Trial Academy and have been serving as an assistant prosecutor for the City of Fairhope since July of 2006.
Marcus practices in the area of general civil litigation. While attending law school Marcus served as the president of the Federalist Society and worked for the Honorable W. Brevard Hand, Senior United States District Judge for the Southern District of Alabama.
He has been a speaker for the Alabama Defense Lawyers Association, Federal Bar Association and several professional medical seminars. Marcus McDowell is a member of the Alabama Defense Lawyers Association, the Defense Research Institute, Alabama Bar Association, Baldwin County Bar Association, Mobile County Bar Association.
Mr. McDowell is rated BV by Martindale Hubbell, a rating is awarded to those attorneys who have earned a stellar reputation in the legal community.
- Alabama, 1997
- The University of Alabama School of Law, Tuscaloosa, Alabama
- J.D. - 1997
- Honors: Federalist Society, President
- Honors: Honorable W. Brevard Hand, Senior United States District Judge, Southern District of Alabama
- Auburn University School of Business
- Speaker, Alabama Defense Lawyers Association
- Speaker, Federal Bar Association
Honors and Awards
- BV Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Mobile County Bar Association, Member
- Alabama State Bar, Member
- Alabama Defense Lawyers Association, Member
- Defense Research Institute, Member
- Baldwin County Bar Association, Member
- International Association of Defense Lawyers Trial Academy, Member