Fairhope Commercial Truck Accident Lawyers
Traffic accidents are always scary, but when a large truck is involved, the consequences can be disastrous. If you or a loved one has been injured in a truck accident in Fairhope, it’s vital that you avoid signing anything given to you by an insurance company. Once you get the appropriate medical treatment you need, contact our experienced truck accident attorneys immediately.
At Wilkins, Bankester, Biles & Wynne, P.A., we have successfully handled cases like these for decades. Our personal injury lawyers have over 40 years of combined experience representing clients who have been hurt due to another party’s negligence. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you get the compensation you need and deserve.
Truck Accidents in Fairhope Can Be Serious
Highway 98 in Fairhope is considered a dangerous road, as is County Road 13 in Fairhope, where it was so treacherous for motorists that city planners had to accelerate plans for a roundabout in the area.
Accidents involving large trucks are serious and complicated for several reasons. When you combine a massive truck, a vehicle weighing up to 80,000 lbs., and a truck driver making poor decisions, the results can be disastrous. Passenger vehicles are no match for commercial trucks, and injury victims find it challenging to navigate these cases without skilled assistance.
Common Types of Truck Accident Cases We Handle
Truck accidents can be caused by a wide range of factors. Whether you are involved in a multi-vehicle, rollover, t-bone, jackknife, underride accident, or some other type of crash, it’s important to speak with a knowledgeable truck crash lawyer as soon as possible. The most common causes of truck accident cases we see with clients include:
- Distracted driving
- Driver fatigue
- Tire blowouts
- Mechanical failure
- Aggressive driving
- Impaired driving
- Poor road conditions
Even if the fault is clear at the time of the accident, proving your case can be an uphill battle.
Holding the Responsible Parties Accountable After a Truck Crash
Achieving a positive outcome in a truck accident case depends on your ability to prove that some other party’s negligent behavior was the cause of the accident your injuries. Proving negligence in these types of cases can be challenging, which is why you need a diligent and knowledgeable truck accident lawyer on your side. A few of the parties that could be held responsible include:
- The Truck Driver — The truck driver is often to blame for dangerous accidents. They might fail to follow the rules of the road, drive recklessly, be impaired, or take some other action that caused the accident and your injuries.
- The Trucking Company — Depending on the circumstances, a trucking company might be held responsible if they failed to maintain a truck properly or demanded that a truck driver work hours that were unlawful and unsafe.
- A Vehicle Loader — Large trucks must have their loads distributed evenly and appropriately secured or it can create a dangerous situation on the road, even leading to a rollover or jackknife crash.
- A Manufacturer — If a defective part, such as bad brakes or tires, failed and led to a serious crash, the part designer or manufacturer should be held accountable.
- A Third Party — Other parties might also be held accountable. For example, a municipality might be held responsible if hazardous road work caused the accident. Or a negligent pedestrian or bicyclist could share some of the fault.
How a Seasoned Truck Accident Lawyer Can Help
Although there is no legal requirement that you have a lawyer after a truck accident, experienced legal representation can provide you with a variety of benefits. We understand that accidents in Fairhope are traumatic and stressful events. It’s next to impossible to focus on your physical and emotional recovery if you are worried about dealing with the insurance company or how you are going to pay your bills.
A truck accident lawyer takes these concerns off of your plate and gives you peace of mind. While you focus on what’s important, your lawyer will get to work immediately to build a rock-solid case. Our law firm can help by:
- Conducting an independent investigation into your accident to determine who may be liable
- Preserving all critical evidence, such as the truck’s “black box,” traffic videos, police reports, driver logs, and maintenance records
- Interviewing first responders and other witnesses
- Hiring expert witnesses when necessary
- Referring you to appropriate medical specialists
- Communicating with the insurance companies on your behalf
- Negotiating a full and fair settlement or taking your case to court if necessary
Truck accident cases are time-sensitive and complex. The sooner your attorney can get to work building a strong case on your behalf, the better. If you’ve been seriously hurt, contact our office immediately to get started.
Contact an Experienced Fairhope Truck Accident Attorney
If you or someone you love has been involved in a truck accident in Fairhope, Alabama, you need skilled and aggressive representation to even the playing field. The established accident lawyers at Wilkins, Bankester, Biles & Wynne, P.A. will review your case and outline the best strategy to achieve a positive outcome.
Call us today at (251) 279-0982 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation. We handle these types of cases on a contingency basis, meaning you pay us nothing until your case is resolved.