Marion E. Wynne Jr.
Marion Wynne, a member of Wilkins, Bankester, Biles & Wynne was born in Mobile Alabama in 1942. He spent his youth in Mobile & Point Clear Alabama, Baltimore Maryland, Long Beach and Burlingame California.
He graduated from Occidental College in 1964 and received his juris doctorate from the University of Southern California Law School in 1967. He practiced law in Los Angeles California from 1968-1975. He moved back to his Alabama roots in 1975 and began practicing law in Fairhope, Alabama in 1976. He is licensed to practice law in Alabama and California.
Professionally Marion has served as the President of the Baldwin County Bar Association. He also served as an Alabama Bar Commissioner from 2005 through 2011. Marion was president of the Fairhope Rotary Club in 1982. He served as Municipal Judge in Fairhope from 1981 through 1988, and as the Fairhope City Attorney from 1988 through 2017. Marion currently holds a Martindale-Hubbell rating of AV preeminent.
Marion and his wife Susan have been active members of St. James Episcopal Church in Fairhope since 1976. Marion has served as Senior Warden, Junior Warden and Vestry member.
Areas Of Practice
- Commercial Law
- Probate and Estates
- Municipal Law
- Wills and Trusts
- Alabama, 1976
- California, 1968
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit, 1992
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Alabama, 1976
- University of Southern California Law Center, Los Angeles, California
- J.D. – 1967
- Occidental College, Los Angeles, California
- B.A. – 1964
- Helping Clients with Tax Debts, Alabama Lawyer, Vol. 60 No. 6, 1999
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Baldwin County Bar Association, President, 1986 to 1987
- Alabama State Bar Association, Commissioner, 2005 to Present
- Grievance Committee, Chairman, Present
- Fairhope Rotary Club, President, 1982
Past Employment Positions
- City of Fairhope, Municipal Judge, 1981 to 1988
- City of Fairhope, City Attorney, 1988 to 2017
Pro Bono Activities
- St. James Episcopal Church, Active Member, 1976
- St. James Episcopal Church, Senior Warden
- St. James Episcopal Church, Junior Warden
- St. James Episcopal Church, Vestry Member