- Managing Partner
Taylor D. Wilkins, Jr. was born in Bay Minette Alabama in 1940. A life long resident of Bay Minette, he graduated from Baldwin County High School and moved on to graduate from Marion Military Institute in 1960 and from the University of Alabama in 1963 while playing on the National Championship Football Team in 1961. Mr Wilkins received his juris doctorate from Cumberland School of Law in 1966.
Taylor was the County Attorney for Baldwin County for 8 1/2 years during that time he successfully represented the County in preventing Shell Oil Company and Exxon Corporations from discharging drilling muds in State Coastal water. Ex parte Baldwin County Commissions, 526 So.2d 564 (1988) & Shell Offshore Inc. vs Baldwin County Commission, 570 So.2d 698 (Civ. App. 1990) Mr Wilkins is a member of the Alabama Bar Association and the Baldwin County Bar Association. He served as the President of the Baldwin County Bar 1975-1976. He served as the Chairman of the Board of Marion Military Institute in Marion Alabama.
Additionally, he is rated AV by Martindale-Hubbell, a rating bestowed on attorneys who have earned an exemplary reputation in the legal community for professionalism and ethics. Taylor Wilkins, Jr Martindale Hubbell Listing.
Taylor and his wife Judy are active members of the First Presbyterian Church of Bay Minette where Taylor serves as an Elder. Taylor and Judy have three children and one grandchild.
Areas of Practice
- Civil Litigation
- Personal Injury and Property Damages
- Real Property
- Will Contests
- Building Construction
- Contract Disputes
- Eminent Domain
- Alabama, 1966
- Cumberland School of Law, Samford University, Birmingham, Alabama
- J.D. - 1966
- Baldwin County High School
- Marion Military Institute
- Honors: Board of Marion Military Institute, Chairman
- University of Alabama
- Honors: National Championship Football Team, 1961
- Ex parte Baldwin County Commissions, 526 So.2d 564, 1988
- Shell Offshore Inc. vs Baldwin County Commission, 570 So.2d 698 (Civ. App.), 1990
Honors and Awards
- AV Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Baldwin County Bar Association, President, 1975 to 1976
- Alabama State Bar
- Baldwin County Bar Association, Member
Pro Bono Activities
- First Presbyterian Church, Active Member